Subclass 500 – Student
This visa allows students to come to Australia and study their respective enrolled courses. Once this visa is granted, students can stay in Australia until the completion of their respective enrolled courses
Study visa offers the following programs to study in Australia by overseas students:
Visa Application Process
Applicant must follow the following steps to apply for the student visa:
- Choose the preferred course of study and the Australian institution
- Apply either online from the education provider’s website, or through the certified Australian education agent.
- Receive the letter of offer from the institution
- Receive electronic Confirmation of enrollment (eCoE) by email that will include all the necessary information such as course fee, starting date etc.
- Apply for the student visa and student guardian visa.
Every overseas student who wants to study in Australia is assessed on a scale of 1 to 3. Moreover, this assessment depends upon the country to which the applicant belongs. Each country and its educational institutions are assigned different assessment levels. However, the assessment level of each applicant is determined by the combination of the risk assessment index and the university level. Thus, the higher the level of assessment, the more evidence of financial stability and the English language is needed to be provided by the applicant.
Applicant must meet the following requirements to get the student visa: